Whether we choose dogs, cats, hamsters, or fishes, many of us are pet lovers. We get them for a variety of reasons. Some are cute and cuddly, and others are just fun to have around. I mean, a dog is a man’s best friend, right? If you have a pet, you are doing yourself more of a favor than you know. Studies have shown that owning a pet improves your overall health. It’s kind of mysterious, but the effects are real.
Check out these benefits from Pets.WebMD…
* spending time with a pet reduces anxiety and stress. Physically, the level of cortisol (a stress hormone) decreases and seratonin (feel-good chemical) increases
* studies have shown that pet owners have lower blood pressure
* pet owners have a lower risk of dying from a cardiac disease
* having a pet fights depression
* cat owners have fewer strokes (isn’t that crazy?)
* when children grow up with a cat or dog, they develop stronger immunity
It’s definitely true for me. Every time I walk through the door, my kitty is waiting on the other side, pushing against the door, so happy to see me. I don’t get a greeting like that from anyone else! However stressed I’ve been feeling, it all seems to melt away as soon as I pick him up.
So, if you’ve been on the fence about adopting that adorable fluff puff, go for it! You aren’t just helping the animal, you are helping yourself!
Pets are one of the reasons to healthy living and a happy home. Don’t forget to GRAB my FREE Manifesto Guide to inspire you to live loud and clear, and adopt a pet today!