We are excited to have Justin Case Ollinger share with us one of his best dishes-Cedar Plank Salmon! If you have never cooked salmon on a cedar plank before, I suggest you start now. It’s probably one of the best ways to prepare this dish, and the taste is amazing.
This dinner is quite possibly my favorite of all time, and can easily be served as an appetizer or main dish. You can also prepare a caprese salad, and sliced french baguette for a complete, family meal.
Cedar Plank Salmon
2 hours, 30 minutes
2 hours, 30 minutes
- 1 Salmon
- 1 Cedar Plank
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- 1 Lettuce Head, or packaged lettuce
- 1 package shredded carrots
- 1-2 Vine tomatoes or Roma tomatoes
- 1 Package Mozzarella
- 1 bunch of Basil
- Balsamic Glaze
- 1 French Baguette
- 1 Cream Cheese (one block)
- 4-5 tablespoons Fresh Dill
- Prepare Salmon and Plank: Soak a cedar plank, (we got our plank from Safeway in the seafood section), in water for 1 to 2 hours. Brush Salmon with olive oil, then lightly season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Let seasoned Salmon rest for 30 minutes. Place plank with salmon on the grill at medium to high heat with lid closed for about 25-30 minutes.
- Prepare Caprese Salad: Sliced tomatoes and sliced fresh mozzarella. Align them on a bed of salad containing watercress and shredded carrots, tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle balsamic glaze over the top for a pretty presentation. Garnish with chopped basil.
- Prepare Crostini: One french baguette, sliced into quarter inch pieces. Brush pieces with garlic olive oil. Place in oven on broil at 350 degrees for 1 to 2 minutes. DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THEM!!! They will toast very quickly.
- Prepare Dill Cream Cheese Spread: One block of cream cheese mixed with 4 to 5 tbs of fresh dill, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until smooth.
- Spread dill cream cheese on crostini and top with cooked salmon, It's amazing!!! This is normally served as an appetizer, but I love it so much that we eat it as our main dish. Enjoy one of my Isabel's favorite dishes!!
© 2021 Copyright Living5x5
Share with me your favorite salmon recipes in the comment section below!